Terms and Conditions
Our commitment to you:
Top Dogs Home from Home Boarding Service aims to offer the best standard of care for your dog and we promise to use all reasonable endeavours to provide a suitable carer to board your dog(s) based on the information provided by our clients in the booking form.
By agreeing to use Top Dogs Home from Home Boarding Service through completion of the booking form and payment of the booking deposit, customers agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Clients agree to provide Top Dogs Home from Home Boarding Service with full and detailed information about their dog(s) to assist us in recommending a suitable carer. In particular, the client undertakes to make a full and frank disclosure on the booking form of any matter, fact, or characteristic concerning their dog(s) which might impact on the care of their dog including, but not limited to, behavioural or health matters, anti-social behaviour including aggression, separation anxiety, destructive behaviour, excessive pulling on the lead, propensity to run away on walks or from the home/garden, incontinence, phobias or fears, excessive loud barking or whining etc
- Should the dog(s) show aggressive behaviour to their carer or the carer's family or their behaviour becomes uncontrollable or a nuisance beyond reasonable acceptance, the dog(s) will be placed in an alternative safe environment and any additional costs, including a £20 transfer fee, will be met by the owner. The client further agrees that if their dog attacks, or is involved in a fight with another dog, (and/or person) causing injury to that dog (or person) they will be responsible for any losses incurred as a result including, but not limited to, payment of veterinary fees in respect of injuries to another animal caused by their dog.
- The client's agreement with Top Dogs is conditional upon a mutually satisfactory meeting between the client, with the dog or dogs who are to be boarded, and the chosen carer. The client will agree to use their best endeavours to ensure the introductory meeting with the carer takes place within 28 days from the date of the acceptance of the booking indicated by the supply of the carer's details in a letter of introduction. If for any reason the client is not satisfied with the carer provided, the client undertakes to notify Top Dogs within 3 days of the introductory meeting whereupon an alternative carer will be found if at all possible or, if requested, the deposit payment will be refunded excluding an administration fee of £15 for the work already carried out. If the carer does not wish to affirm the board, whilst Top Dogs will use our reasonable endeavours to provide an alternative carer, we reserve the right entirely at our discretion to cancel the agreement and to refund the client's deposit without any liability to the client.
- Delivery and collection dates must be adhered to as carers may have other bookings. If a booking needs to be extended for any reason clients must notify us as soon as possible and Top Dogs Home from Home Boarding Service will try to keep the clients' dog(s) with the existing carer. If this is not possible the dog(s) will be relocated to another suitable carer. The additional carer's fee and a transfer fee of £20 will be payable by the owner. If with or without notice the client delivers their dog a day earlier or collects their dog a day later, the client agrees to pay the carer the daily fee in force at that time (which shall include the booking deposit) for each additional day or days taken.
- Sufficient food and supplies must be left with the carer for the duration of the stay. Any additional supplies that are purchased by the carer must be reimbursed by the owner when they collect their dog(s).
- All dogs must be vaccinated, wormed and free from fleas before being placed with the carer.
- Top Dogs Home from Home Boarding Service reserves the right to charge for any damage (other than reasonable wear and tear) caused by the client's dog to the carers home or furnishings during the course of the dog's stay.
- Unless otherwise agreed, your dog will be exercised on a flexi-lead. If the client wishes the carer to exercise their dog off lead, they must sign an off-lead instruction on the booking form, under which the client accepts responsibility for third party liability.
- Should the Emergency Contact specified in the booking form not be available during an emergency, agreement is given to Top Dogs Home from Home Boarding Service to make any decision necessary regarding the dogs health provided it is acting in the best interests of the dog(s) and is on the advice of a qualified veterinary surgeon. All veterinary bills incurred during the period of the booking, as well as other incidental expenses such as transportation costs to the veterinary surgery, will be paid by the owner. Transportation to the veterinary surgery will be charged at a cost of £15 plus 30p a mile.
- In the event of a personal emergency or illness of the assigned carer, the client authorises Top Dogs Home from Home Boarding Service to arrange for another carer, where possible and using our best endeavours. The client acknowledges that there may be occasions when the contract is frustrated and in these circumstances the dog will be removed to suitable accommodation such as kennels.
- Booking should not be made direct with the carers. This is unfair practice for all parties and such bookings would not be covered by the third party liability insurance which is held by Top Dogs Home from Home Boarding Service. Any such bookings would result in Top Dogs Home from Home Boarding Service refusing future bookings from the client and the carer would be removed from the Top Dogs carer team.
- To confirm a booking the deposit and booking forms must be sent to Top Dogs Home from Home Boarding Service. The balance is to be paid to the carer on commencement of the dog(s) stay.
- Cancellations must be notified in writing by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to
If any booking is cancelled by the owner there will be a minimum administration charge of £15 deducted from the following refunds:
- More than 30 days notice - full refund
- 20-30 days notice - 75% refund
- 10-20 days notice - 50% refund
- Less than 10 days notice - no refund
- In the unlikely event that the carer allocated for the client's booking is for any reason unable to complete the confirmed booking, Top Dogs will use all reasonable endeavours to arrange an introduction to another carer. If, despite our best efforts, we are unable to procure an introduction to an alternative carer, the clients booking deposit will be refunded.
- Top Dogs Home from Home Boarding Service reserves the right to decline to care for any dog we or the carer consider to be visibly unwell at the time of leaving the dog with the carer. We also reserve the right to withdraw from a booking with an unspayed bitch in season, or due to come into season, whilst resident with the carer. In these eventualities it is unlikely that we would be able to provide an alternative carer. Top dogs Home from Home Boarding Service will not be liable for any costs incurred by the dog's owner in the event of such cancellations.
- If any dog is not collected, or the owner or emergency contact have not contacted the carer or Top Dogs office within 7 days after the due collection date stated on the booking form, it will be considered that the dogs have been abandoned and Top Dogs Home from Home Boarding Service reserve the right to place the dog with an animal charity. Any costs incurred will be the responsibility of the owner